Friday, February 1, 2013

Brrrr

I am so tired of this rain and cold!  It's been raining here in Jerusalem for the past 4 days. Naturally we decided to make more chicken soup. Cause its hot and delicious and makes you feel good and takes your mind off of the rain and wind and that Approach to Classical Jewish Texts Seminar paper you're writing.

I was looking for a recipe with rice this time and found a good one at Martha Stewart.  I needed to check on when exactly to put the rice in, and then used the recipe that I wrote about before.

It was past 1pm by the time we were almost done with the making of the soup and we were starving so I decided to whip up a new smoothie with green apples and berries in the meantime. 

Here is the recipe by Undressed Skeleton.

Green Apple Berry Banana Smoothie

2 Large Green Apple Peels
1 Packet Truvia
1/2 Medium Banana
1/3 Cup Frozen Mixed Berries (No Sugar Added)
1/2 Cup Water

Blend on High!

For my version, I only used half a green apple with the skin on and frozen berries and semi frozen strawberries. I also omitted the Truvia. Blended on high and it turned out great, even Evan liked it! I need to find a better place to take pictures and more straws!!


Here is a picture of our chicken and rice soup.




Shabbat Shalom, everyone!
~Marina 

1 comment: